Whitney K. Onasch
Research Development Specialist
Whitney has been with the institute since 2010, with a brief hiatus during 2016. She currently facilitates and administers research proposal development and submission on behalf of faculty affiliates and graduate students. She provides guidance to investigators on strategic approaches to funding calls based on the guidelines and agency priorities, and serves as the primary liaison between faculty and the KU Office of Research during the development and award/contract negotiation stages.
B.A., Anthropology and Political Science, University of Kansas, May 2007.
- Assists faculty and research staff in identifying funding opportunities for their research initiatives.
- Works directly with research teams to develop research proposal submissions.
- Liaises with KU Office of Research to facilitate internal review and ensure proposal compliance with University and agency guidelines.
- Manages research expenditures for sponsored project teams for C-STEP.
- Processes travel, initiates purchases, and processes invoices for sponsored research for C-STEP.