KU Food Research Group
The Center for the Study of Injustice and the Center for Environmental Policy at IPSR are coordinating a new KU Work Group on Food Studies. All members of the KU and Haskell communities with scholarly and activist interests in food studies, food justice, and agriculture are welcome.
If you have any further questions about the working group, please contact Dietrich Earnhart (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Hannah Britton (email@example.com).
NewsEducator advocates for informing students of how dietary choices influence larger issues
Douglas County Community LinksDouglas County Sustainability
Douglas County Food Policy Council
City of Lawrence Sustainability
Lawrence & Douglas County Sustainability Facebook Page
Working Group Research
NSF awarded $43,025 for a symposium on Innovations at the Nexus of Food, Energy, and Water (INFEWS). The symposium was titled “Research and Triple Bottom Line Design Strategies: Two Means to a Sustainable Environment.” The workshop was held between January 21, 2016, and January 23, 2016.
KU Red Hot Research - October 23, 2015: Food Research, Policy and Implementation
- Dietrich Earnhart, Economics, Corporate Sustainability in the Food Sector
- Paul Stock, Sociology/Environmental Studies Program, New and (Good?) Farmers
- Helen Schnoes, Food Systems Coordinator, Douglas County, Local Food System Development
- Elizabeth Stigler, Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies, Ethnic Food Studies
- Emcee: Hannah Britton, Political Science