Recent Research PublicationsBritton, Hannah E. and Dean, Laura A. ”Policy Responses to Human Trafficking in Southern Africa: Domesticating International Norms.” 2014. Human Rights Review 15(3):305-328.
Ginther, Donna K., Pat Oslund, Genna Hurd, and Xan Wedel. The Status of Women in Kansas and the Bi-State Region, sponsored by The Women's Foundation, February 2016.
Schwarz, Corinne and Hannah Britton. “Queering the Support for Trafficked Persons: LGBTQ Communities and Human Trafficking in the Heartland.” 2015. Social Inclusion 3(1): 63-75.
Weller, Travis and Allison C. Reeve. "Empirical Legal Research Support Services: A Survey of Academic Law Libraries", Law Library Journal, 107:3, 2015
Weller, Travis and Amalia Monroe-Gulick. "Differences in the Data Practices, Challenges, and Future Needs of Graduate Students and Faculty Members", Journal of eScience Librarianship, 4:1, 2015, DOI: 10.7191/jeslib.2015.1070
- Special Edition of Sustainability Science featuring the following articles from IPSR's Center for Indigenous Research, Science, and Technology (C-FIRST):
- Weaving Indigenous and sustainability sciences to diversify our methods
Jay T. Johnson, Richard Howitt, Gregory Cajete, Fikret Berkes, Renee Pualani Louis & Andrew Kliskey
- Sustaining indigenous geographies through world heritage: a study of Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park
- Weaving Indigenous science, protocols and sustainability science
Kyle Powys Whyte, Joseph P. Brewer II, Jay T. Johnson
- Atayal's identification of sustainability: traditional ecological knowledge and indigenous science of a hunting culture
Wei-Ta Fang, Hsin-Wen Hu & Chien-Shing Lee
- Indigenous Siberians solve collective action problems through sharing and traditional knowledge
John P. Ziker, Joellie Rasmussen, David A. Nolin
- Embracing the sacred: an indigenous framework for tomorrow’s sustainability science
Kekuhi Kealiikanakaoleohaililani & Christian P. Giardina
- Indigenous ecological calendars define scales for climate change and sustainability assessments
Ferdouz V. Cochran, Nathaniel A. Brunsell, Aloisio Cabalzar, Pieter-Jan van der Veld, Evaristo Azevedo, Rogelino Alves Azevedo, Roberval Araújo Pedrosa, Levi J. Winegar
- The role of Indigenous science and local knowledge in integrated observing systems: moving toward adaptive capacity indices and early warning systems
Lilian Alessa, Andrew Kliskey, James Gamble, Maryann Fidel, Grace Beaujean, James Gosz
- Niching sustainability in an Indigenous community: protected areas, autonomous initiatives, and negotiating power in natural resource management
Pei-Shan Sonia Lin, Yen-Lan Liu
- Participatory mapping to negotiate indigenous knowledge used to assess environmental risk
Catherine J. Robinson, Kirsten Maclean, Ro Hill, Ellie Bock, Phil Rist
- Sustainable development education, practice, and research: an indigenous model of sustainable development at the College of Menominee Nation, Keshena, WI, USA
Michael J. Dockry, Katherine Hall, William Van Lopik, Christopher M. Caldwell
- Taking different ways of knowing seriously: cross-cultural work as translations and multiplicity
Laura Zanotti & Marcela Palomino-Schalscha
- Inuit knowledge and environmental assessment in Nunavut, Canada
- Traditional knowledge in a time of crisis: climate change, culture and communication
R. D. K. Herman
Weller, Travis, Amalia Monroe-Gulick, and Lea Currie. "Local Citation Analysis of National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health Grant Applications: Meeting the Needs of Researchers," 2014, The Serials Librarian, 67:399-414. DOI: 10.1080/0361526X.2014.983291.
Ginther, Donna K., Pat Oslund, and Jen Boden. Economic Impact of Immigration in the Kansas City and the Bi-State Region, November 2014.
Britton, Hannah and Lindsey Shook. "I Need to Hurt You More": Namibia's Fight to End Gender-Based Violence, Signs Vol. 40, No. 1 (Autumn 2014) 153-175.
Ceci, Stephen J., Donna K. Ginther, Shulamit Kahn, and Wendy M. Williams. "Women in Academic Science: A Changing Landscape", Psychological Science in the Public Interest Vol. 15, No. 3 (2014) 75-141.
Seo, Hyunjin, J Brian Houston, Leigh Anne Taylor Knight, Emily J Kennedy, and Alexandra B Inglish. "Teens’ social media use and collective action", new media & society Vol. 16, No. 6 (2014) 883-902.
Johnson, Jay T, Renee Pualani Louis, and Andrew Kliskey. Weaving Indigenous and Sustainability Sciences: Diversifying our Methods (WIS2DOM) Workshop, sponsored by the National Science Foundation (2014).
Kerr, Barbara A, Xanthippe Wedel, Tracy Schmidt, and Cassi Donn. Women and Civic Engagement in Kansas City: Final Report, sponsored by the Greater Kansas City Women's Foundation (2014).
Ginther, Donna K. "What Holds Back Women Research Faculty?", LiveScience, January 23, 2014.
Peterson, Jeffrey M, Marcelles M Caldas, Jason S Bergtold, Belinda S Sturm, Russell W Graves, Dietrich Earnhart, Eric A Hanley, and J Christopher Brown. "Economic Linkages to Changing Landscapes", Environmental Management Vol. 53 (2014) 55-66.
View IPSR's collection of publications in KU ScholarWorks
http://ipsr.ku.edu/ksdata/ksah/ for more information.
- Archived Research Reports, 1998 - 2010
- Archived Research Reports, 1985 - 1997
- Monographs and Technical Reports
- Kansas Policy Review
- Lawrence and Douglas County Publications