The Center for Migration Research at the University of Kansas promotes, coordinates, and facilitates innovative high-quality interdisciplinary research on how human migration both shapes and is shaped by the social landscapes in which it takes place at the local, regional, national, and global levels. The Center strives to generate research-based knowledge that addresses pressing societal concerns and provides guidance for policy interventions.
New ReportThe report titled, Temporary Protected Status in the United States: The Experiences of Honduran and Salvadoran Immigrants, is based on a comprehensive, national-level survey of the immigrant population on Temporary Protected Status conducted in 2016 through the Center for Migration Research. It provides information about this population's demographic profile, family composition, economic activities and fiscal contributions, remittances, community participation and civic engagement. Read the full report here.
Naive, Desperate, or Determined?: Making Sense of High-Risk Migration
Co-Hosted by the Kansas African Studies Center
International Room, Kansas Union
February 5, 2020
Nationalization, Place Attachment, and Migration Decisions in Kazakhstan
Co-Hosted by the Center for Russian, East European, & Eurasian Studies
April 1, 2020
Partnering with Migratory & Seasonal Agricultural Workers:
Building Capacity for Healthcare Delivery and Research
Co-Hosted by Social Welfare Center for Community Engagement & Collaboration and the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies
Arterra Event Gallery
March 4, 2020
Resources on Immigration
- Menjívar, Cecilia. 2017. Temporary Protected Status in the United States: The Experiences of Honduran and Salvadoran Immigrants. Center for Migration Research, The University of Kansas
- LGBTQ Immigrants and Integration, newsletter from Immigrant Integration Lab at Boston College School of Social Work (February 2017).
- The Economic and Fiscal Consequences of Immigration, The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (2016).
- Immigrant and Refugee Children: A Guide for Educators and School Support Staff, American Federation of Teachers (2016).
- The Integration of Immigrants into American Society, The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (2015).
- Economic Impact of Immigration in Kansas City and the Bi-State Region, Dr. Donna Ginther, Pat Oslund, Jen Boden, University of Kansas (2014).
- Economic and Fiscal Contributions of International Immigrants in the State of Kansas, Dr. Peter Eaton, University of Missouri-Kansas City (2013).
- Economic and Fiscal Contributions of International Immigrants in the State of Missouri, Dr. Peter Eaton, University of Missouri-Kansas City (2013).
- Budgeting for Immigration Enforcement: A Path to Better Performance , National Research Council of the National Academies (2011).